Using DP to record live performances and/or Autotune live vocals

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
Kenny B
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Using DP to record live performances and/or Autotune live vocals

Post by Kenny B »

I am wondering if it is okay to load up DP on my MacBook (2019) which runs the latest Mac OS and use it to record live performances. I thought at one time it is okay to have another copy of DP loaded up and useable on another computer but not sure anymore.

And, in a separate issue: has anyone used DP with Autotune loaded up on a laptop to run Autotune on live vocalist with their monitor mix not using Autotune. There is a video on how to set this up on a Behringer x32 but using another DAW and Waves tune.
2023 Apple Mac Mini Pro M2; 12 Core, 32 GB Unified RAM, Mac OS Venura 13.6.1, 1 TB SSD boot, DP ver. 11.3, Apogee Symphony II 8x8, Axiom 61 Controller, MachFive2, FabFilter plugins, ReLab VSRn24 reverb. Some really great acoustic guitars, Schoeps MK4s, Charter Oak E700 mic, 2 Great River preamps
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Using DP to record live performances and/or Autotune live vocals

Post by mikehalloran »

You are allowed two installations of DP but not in use simultaneously—afik, the license manager has no way of knowing this, however—see below.

The license manager self manages—every installation verifies over the internet the first time it’s launched. A third installation will disable the oldest of the three devices and so on….*

Antares apps including Auto-Tune EFX+ (the version for real time processing of live vocals) do not work over macOS Sonoma at the present time. The plug-ins cannot verify the licenses. This is not an issue over Ventura.

*Performer Lite is different. It verifies the license over the internet every time it is launched.
Antares — No License found Sonoma.jpg
Antares — No License found Sonoma.jpg (495.39 KiB) Viewed 247 times
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Kenny B wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:20 am
And, in a separate issue: has anyone used DP with Autotune loaded up on a laptop to run Autotune on live vocalist with their monitor mix not using Autotune. There is a video on how to set this up on a Behringer x32 but using another DAW and Waves tune.
If Antares doesn't get their act together on Sonoma soon, I'll be giving the Live mode of bx_crispytuner a try.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... tuner.html

There are many ways to buy it these days for less than $79.99. One is the 2/3/4 bundle
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/deals.html

Another is to do any of their current MEGA Subscriptions that include the plugs you want and let you keep 3/6/10 per year as permanent licenses depending on your level.
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... early.html
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I have Antares Duo and also Choir and Auto-Tune Central shows them as "installed" and then the next button over says "Activate" yet I'm pretty sure they ARE indeed activated even though not reflected there. Pretty sure I used them before on Sonoma, but they were originally installed and activated when my machine was on Ventura I think.

antares.jpg
antares.jpg (53.7 KiB) Viewed 229 times
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta 4, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Kenny B
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Kenny B »

>>Antares apps including Auto-Tune EFX+ (the version for real time processing of live vocals) do not work over macOS Sonoma at the present time. The plug-ins cannot verify the licenses. This is not an issue over Ventura.>>

Well, I'm trying to reach Anteras now but they are not responding very quickly to a chat. So I have a license for AutoTune 8 Native on my computer. I really don't want to invest big $$$ into situation but want to investigate to see if it can work. Might have to upgrade my Autotune to even get it working. I have not used it for quite awhile.
2023 Apple Mac Mini Pro M2; 12 Core, 32 GB Unified RAM, Mac OS Venura 13.6.1, 1 TB SSD boot, DP ver. 11.3, Apogee Symphony II 8x8, Axiom 61 Controller, MachFive2, FabFilter plugins, ReLab VSRn24 reverb. Some really great acoustic guitars, Schoeps MK4s, Charter Oak E700 mic, 2 Great River preamps