U-he Filterscape and Digital Performer !

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
corbo-billy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

U-he Filterscape and Digital Performer !

Post by corbo-billy »

I was delighted with the appearance of the update in version 1.5. from this German publisher.
And I realize that Digital Performer 11 validates the VST version of this trio (Filterscape VA, FX, Q6) but not the Audio Unit versions.

I have contacted U-he directly who may contact MOTU if they cannot resolve this problem.
Does this happen to you ?

https://u-he.com/products/filterscape/
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
Michael Canavan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: U-he Filterscape and Digital Performer !

Post by Michael Canavan »

Yep, and this is why I always instal both VST and AU versions, it's messy, but at least you get full access to your plug ins.

AU carries the weight of Apple Silicon compatibility for non native plugins, and VST gives MIDI out for plugins like Reason and the MPC 2 software, and with them Reason Rack only works correctly with VST3, and MPC 2 is only VST2 still. Then of course there's the situation where DP fails an AU or sometimes a VST with the other format still working.

U-He VST3 plugins are hit and miss with passing inspection in DP as well. You remind me it's about time to send them a support ticket on this.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.