Ultimate PC set-up for DP?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
il picaro
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Ultimate PC set-up for DP?

Post by il picaro »

Hi everyone

I would like to ask the community for help and suggestions on building the ultimate PC for DP.
Since I'm building my PC from scratch, it would be MUCH welcome qnt advice regarding the most solid and DP-optimized motherboard.
I have asked Motu customer care what would be a good model but all they could tell me is to stay away from X99 or motherboards that mount Renesas or ASMedia USB chipsets.
Any suggestion will be much appreciated.
Thanx
Kev

Re: Ultimate PC set-up for DP?

Post by Kev »

il picaro wrote:Hi everyone
...I have asked Motu customer care what would be a good model but all they could tell me is to stay away from X99...
Did they say why? I'm concerned because I've got an MSI Gaming Pro Carbon X99a.
Occasional user of DP(v9.52), Mainly using Cakewalk and Mixbus32C(4.3).
i7-13700|Gig-UD790-RD|UAD2octo+solo|Multiple-drives|MatroxC420|W11
Audient-iD44II+ASP800|Aphex141B|KRK-VXT6|+VariousOutboardGear|+guitars&basses|+MIDI-keyboards
il picaro

Post by il picaro »

This is what they said:

My recommendation would be -not- to get an X99 motherboard, as I've seen some issues here and there with audio interfaces and not to get a mother board that has either the Renesas or ASMedia USB chipsets. I've seen issues with these chipsets and audio hardware in the past.

That's all the customer care guy could suggest.
Kev

Post by Kev »

il picaro wrote:This is what they said:

My recommendation would be -not- to get an X99 motherboard, as I've seen some issues here and there with audio interfaces...
Pity he couldn't have been a bit less vague. Anyway my interface appears to be working fine. All good. Thanks.
Occasional user of DP(v9.52), Mainly using Cakewalk and Mixbus32C(4.3).
i7-13700|Gig-UD790-RD|UAD2octo+solo|Multiple-drives|MatroxC420|W11
Audient-iD44II+ASP800|Aphex141B|KRK-VXT6|+VariousOutboardGear|+guitars&basses|+MIDI-keyboards
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by HCMarkus »

You can always add a PCIe USB 2 or 3 card if issues arise with a USB Interface.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by mikehalloran »

Kev wrote:
il picaro wrote:This is what they said:

My recommendation would be -not- to get an X99 motherboard, as I've seen some issues here and there with audio interfaces...
Pity he couldn't have been a bit less vague. Anyway my interface appears to be working fine. All good. Thanks.
Sounds fairly specific to me.

It’s great that you aren’t having issues but, if others are, then it’s a good recommendation.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro